Thursday 1 May 2008

Deserved

I hit her lightly at first.
Stupid old cow, she'd gone and wasted her money on some stranger. Lavishing that cash I'd been waiting for all my shuffling life on some fool companion.
Like she needed any company. She had so much money she could have bought a fucking slave to do whatever she wanted, say whatever she wanted it to.
She could have even bought a friend if that was really necessary. But why couldn't her money have been friend enough? It would have been friend enough for me.
So now its pretty much gone. He has as much right to it as anyone, or so she says. I hit her again when she laid that remark on me. Cheeky whore; like I haven't waited in kind and honourable patience for all that I deserved. Who else would put up with her inane chatter and piss stained shoes?
Joe would. She took great delight in telling me this. She was positively shrieking his name. I had to grip her throat tightly to make her stop. I always thought she'd have died before this. Five years ago would have suited me perfectly.
I was on top of my game and the money would have set me up for prolonged excellence in my chosen field, namely, living life to the fucking full.
Then came Joe. Old fucking Joe. Fucking smelly Joe. I imagine he banged the old girl too, if he was even up to it. He looked like he was rotting where he stood.
When she was dead I kissed her on the cheek. I then went to the brook behind the house and threw some stones in, like when I was younger.
I waded in and followed the brook downstream as far as I could, until I couldn't tell if it was spray on my cheeks or tears. My clothes must have been heavy with water because eventually I was lying down; soaking skin raw, pained cold, tongue lolling.
And that must have been when you found me.

11 comments:

Petruchio said...

WOW.
That was incredibly moving, powerful, etc.
WOW.

I'm always struck by the emotion in your work. 5 Stars, again. WOW.

The Sparkling Thought.... said...

Hi, Im very glad to read ur post. its a nice experience.will meet later. visit me too plz.

Anonymous said...

well, ditto of petruchio.
I love your work, and I love the overall death type theme.

two thumbs up :)

Lots of love.

Anonymous said...

could have been longer. still. liked it. u are improving. get harder!

Aleta said...

7 deadly ones ~ greed likes to rear it's ugly head quite often in our society. There are users and abusers in this world. Your story gave me the creeps, but then, it was supposed to, no?

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Gruesome but the last bit redeems the scumbag somewhat. Obsessive possessivenss is fatal to both the subject and object of possession, isn't it? But it is curiously fascinating to the bystander/reader.

Anonymous said...

Pointless.

Jaquanda Rae said...

I'm terribly embarrassed...I told my pastor to check out your page to read the black stump series, that the content of your blog was secular but that there was no profanity...I feel like put my two size 6 1/2's in my mouth!!!!

I can't judge this work...I'm too damned.

Jaquanda Rae said...

Well, if you put it that way...ok. I'll hope for the best.

Anonymous said...

Sucharita, how exactly does the last part redeem him at all? I didn't get that.

bha said...

I like how the violence is subjected to the feelings that cause it in a natural way.

The murder is somewhere between cold-calculated and crime of passion. Maybe both of those killer archetypes would be better suited than this guy, who couldn't handle what he did.