Thursday 27 March 2008

Turning the girl

I went to a party the other day.
As a party it was a failure because nobody turned up except, that is, for the hosts and an unusual couple. One was a fat guy with a shaved head, the other an attractive woman with nice breasts.
Did I mention that she was a lesbian? Well she was, apparently, gay as they come and yet it still came as quite a surprise to me when I found out that she wasn't actually going out with the fat boy on the couch next to her.
Well, as the night went on, the girl and I drank and ate and grew warmer towards each other. We sang songs on a karaoke machine. It was fun; we duetted, we duelled.
She pulled me up and demanded I dance with her. She wanted us both to spin round in a certain way. I wanted to grab her and waltz. We did both.
Later, in the kitchen, that male friend of hers was trying to flirt with her as he had surely tried every day since he met her, thinking: "one day, one day I'll turn her!"
But she picked me out again, came close and whispered how we were the best singers in the room, and how we both knew it. I agreed, though I hadn't paid much attention to her voice.
She came to me again, complimenting me on my singing, asking after a band she'd heard I was in. I said I just did a bit of backing vocals - nothing much. At this she scorned me, complimented, castigated and cajoled me. Sought me to go further, to do more, to fight my way to the front and really perform.
She asked me to show confidence. How she knew I lacked this I'm not sure. I mean, I showed no reticence at singing in front of these strangers earlier.
"And no drinking!" she exclaimed. Dutch courage, it seemed, was not a part of her plans.
Yet all I was thinking was how close she came, how she touched me, how she regarded me. Like there was no-one else in the room.
Ah, I see, you say she was drunk - and so she was. Of course, you're right! That's all it was.
She asked me if we could sing one more song together - Unchained Melody. We didn't need to read the prompting words, we simply looked and sang into each other's eyes. It was beautiful and we were rightly applauded.
When it was time for me to leave, I said my goodbyes and sought her out. She was in the garden, smoking. I said goodbye to her, bent to her face and kissed her slowly, gently, on the lips. She smiled, told me I'd be famous when next we met.
I left the house thinking: one day, one day I'll turn her.

-----

If you enjoyed the tale, have a look at this one: Silver.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog stories are very entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, impressive goal with this blog, a story every week day. Good Luck. I've been trying to do a similar thing with drawing and writing. Inspirational and motivational.

Kristie said...

Another wonderful story!!!!

Anonymous said...

All of your stories leave me saying "more... just give me more..." :) Keep up the good work!

Jaquanda Rae said...

Nice work!

Chuichupachichi said...

A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush. Where there's one to turn, for another you'll push.

Nishant Dasgupta said...

i really hope your wish does come true...

Drue said...

good luck with that. if you succeed, just know lesbianism will always be in the back of her head. and oh wait, did someone just say threesome?

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed your tale.. I like you easy reading writing style. I didn't get lost in the plot. Do you know hwo I can put a link to your blog on my dashboard? I', new here, and it's hard to find new profiles except in the Blogs of Note section.

Candy Andy said...

Don't hold your breath...I mean that in the nicest way possible. Do you really want to be with someone that would slowly have to be convinced that males are attractive?

She obviously found something in you. No doubt about it!...may have been the alcohol...may have been that sweet voice of urs. ;OD

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Anonymous said...

this story is lovely

valentina_sari_pisces said...

You must be really disciplined,to write a story every weekday.Keep it up!: )

Ritri Priyad said...

Hey this is good!
Great Effort!
Good Luck :)
Cheers Raine

Balaji hari said...

Excellent... really enjoyed the writing style... first timer here, and sure got hooked with this one, u r a true writer...

Hank Dunckel said...

Love the story and that person must live in the same Village I live in "The Village were ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE"!

You do a wonderful job writing these blogs.

Keep up the Fantastic Job

Hank Dunckel
Google Me Soon

Unknown said...

that was very warm. the kiss was beautifully portrayed in your words.

Anonymous said...

Why dont you come join us at http://game3.mafiadeath.com/r/22276.php
the best mafia game out there :D

Rachel<3 said...

I love your stories. I think I am going to make a blog just for writing.

amuse me said...

I've read quite a few of your pieces and enjoyed every one equally. Good luck on meeting your goal.

SimplySarah said...

I completely loved this one. Always intriguingly unique.

*sarah*