Tuesday 4 March 2008

Still life

A part of me has died, though it is a part of me I never knew.
It is a part I never met, never touched, never heard. A part I never hugged, never carried, never played with, never spoke to.
I wouldn’t have minded one-sided conversations, or early morning wake-up calls. Then walking together, learning from each other, ‘phoning me up from God knows where...
But I’m looking too far into an impossible future. Why did I never look before?
It isn’t that I won’t love you, and I suppose I’ll create my own memories. The hardest thing was that I saw you, so real, so human. Yet so pale, and so still.

1 comment:

Rajasir said...

My dear,you write well,however,my experience of teaching English Literature guides me to suggest to you to arrange and decorate the contents and items.I wish you good luck.I have a blog which I think you will like http://www.sirji-bookworld.blogspot.com