Monday 10 March 2008

How it happened...

Spent so much time waiting for it to happen.
I was grovelling in groping darkness for some salvation, some end to the decay of hope.
When you came your eyes offered me an escape from soil, from soggy undergrowth.
The connection was transcendent and I awoke atop beautiful spires of decadent confetti, lost in your freckles and lashes.
An arrow pointed me to the rocks where you were sleeping.
I found you there, sleeping in the dawn.
It was already warm.
The sea tingled my feet.
Your blood mingled with the tide and turned the foam pink.
It made me smile.
I kept kissing your hair; the bubbles were abundant.
Lots of little fishes, gathering all around you, kissing you, like me.
I congratulated myself on bringing you this far, on making you accept this fate, this closeness to me.
Several drops of rain applied tears to my cheek…
I realised what had been done; done to you; you were lost to everyone; everyone dies.
There, in the treeline, at the beach edge, slunk death: clawing at the dry sand, hissing deliriously, gnawing its own eyes.
I watched the ancient force of death shimmering in the shadows at the edge of reality.
At intervals, it seemed he would shiver and expand across the beach like a sheet of black plastic, wishing for me to flit into his net like a migratory bird.
Instead I kissed your hair some more and pulled your body further from death, further out into the lagoon.
Further out into the warm seas, far from evil ends, out to where the dolphin hurdles and the turtle plays.
And the shark - the shark, you called him to me!
You, dripping his invite like sweat on wet skin; me, floundering in thick waves.
“He was delicious,” thought the shark and you smiled. Your gleaming treachery was the last thing my eye punctured.
Then thrashing and more bubbles and more little fishes. And you kept smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Leute,


Habe gerade eben eine Seite gefunden und mich auch gleich angemeldet. Und das solltet ihr auch tun! Es gibt Notebooks, Ipods, Gutscheine und vieles anderes. Meldet euch doch bitte unter dem untenstehenden Link an


http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=43477799

Würde mich echt freuen.


Eure Ann-Katrin